Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

SAS Survey Predictive Analysis

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Survey Predictive Analysis

Dear Team ,

I have recently started working on a new survey data which has data points for the last 1 year. The customers can rate us on a scale ranging from 1-10 where 1 being the lowest and 10 being excellent.

I have performed the EDA/ descriptive part of the contributing variables as to which are most prominent, region level, day of the month etc and other variables and have come up with a list of most significant variables. 

Now i am not sure how to perform a prediction based on these as it is the first time i am working on a survey data. One option i can think of is creating clusters from these variables however then the same has already been achieved using the freq tables. 

Can we run a logistic regression on these 8-9 predictor variables i have and the outcome var i.e. C-sat can be categorized in 3 levels similarly we have for the NPS scores say multinomial logistic regression. 

Any thought & inputs would be of great help. 

Regards, Shivi

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-13-2016 09:36 AM
Respected Advisor

Re: SAS Survey Predictive Analysis

A non-parametric measure of association should be considered first:

Proc corr data=myData Pearson;
var rating1-rating4;
with ratingFinal;
run;
PG

View solution in original post

All Replies
Respected Advisor

What is EDA?

PG
SAS Super FREQ

Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA), a term popularized by Tukey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploratory_data_analysis

Frequent Contributor

HI Team, 

Any suggestions. Would a chisquare test do justice. 

Super User

What are you trying to "predict"? Are you trying to estimate one of the 1-10 rankings given other charcteristcs? Something else you have a measure of, say total $ sales, based on the rankings? One ranking element using other ranking varialbes?

Frequent Contributor

So we get C-sat results from across the globe. There are 4 parameters on which we get rated: for instance- a) knowledge of the representative, b) understanding and control as a customer service rep and then other 2 parameters as well. Then we have 1 final rating on which we get marked called as Final rating and it is not a sum of the other 4 as i highlighted above.

So i need to test whether there is an association between the Final rating and the other 4 parameters. 

Say for example, there would be a scenario where in we get rated 9 or 10 on all of these 4 parameters where 10 is highly satisfied however on the Final rating it could be a 1 or 2 which is extremely dissatisfied due to uncontrollable issues such as any bug in the system or a new feature result in the CRM app. 

So my question was whether we can run a chi square test of association and see if there is any significant relationship. 

Please suggest. 

Thanks

Solution
‎06-13-2016 09:36 AM
Respected Advisor

A non-parametric measure of association should be considered first:

Proc corr data=myData Pearson;
var rating1-rating4;
with ratingFinal;
run;
PG
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the solution. I think this is the perfect start to see how these var are related to the final var. From here on i can build on with the most significant var if any. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation