BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Shivi82
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Team ,

I have recently started working on a new survey data which has data points for the last 1 year. The customers can rate us on a scale ranging from 1-10 where 1 being the lowest and 10 being excellent.

I have performed the EDA/ descriptive part of the contributing variables as to which are most prominent, region level, day of the month etc and other variables and have come up with a list of most significant variables. 

Now i am not sure how to perform a prediction based on these as it is the first time i am working on a survey data. One option i can think of is creating clusters from these variables however then the same has already been achieved using the freq tables. 

Can we run a logistic regression on these 8-9 predictor variables i have and the outcome var i.e. C-sat can be categorized in 3 levels similarly we have for the NPS scores say multinomial logistic regression. 

Any thought & inputs would be of great help. 

Regards, Shivi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

A non-parametric measure of association should be considered first:

Proc corr data=myData Pearson;
var rating1-rating4;
with ratingFinal;
run;
PG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

What is EDA?

PG
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA), a term popularized by Tukey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploratory_data_analysis

Shivi82
Quartz | Level 8

HI Team, 

Any suggestions. Would a chisquare test do justice. 

ballardw
Super User

What are you trying to "predict"? Are you trying to estimate one of the 1-10 rankings given other charcteristcs? Something else you have a measure of, say total $ sales, based on the rankings? One ranking element using other ranking varialbes?

Shivi82
Quartz | Level 8

So we get C-sat results from across the globe. There are 4 parameters on which we get rated: for instance- a) knowledge of the representative, b) understanding and control as a customer service rep and then other 2 parameters as well. Then we have 1 final rating on which we get marked called as Final rating and it is not a sum of the other 4 as i highlighted above.

So i need to test whether there is an association between the Final rating and the other 4 parameters. 

Say for example, there would be a scenario where in we get rated 9 or 10 on all of these 4 parameters where 10 is highly satisfied however on the Final rating it could be a 1 or 2 which is extremely dissatisfied due to uncontrollable issues such as any bug in the system or a new feature result in the CRM app. 

So my question was whether we can run a chi square test of association and see if there is any significant relationship. 

Please suggest. 

Thanks

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

A non-parametric measure of association should be considered first:

Proc corr data=myData Pearson;
var rating1-rating4;
with ratingFinal;
run;
PG
Shivi82
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the solution. I think this is the perfect start to see how these var are related to the final var. From here on i can build on with the most significant var if any. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation