BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

Can anyone please recommend a good book for statistical reporting with SAS,something good for SAS beginners?

Thnks

12 REPLIES 12
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

"statistical reporting" is somewhat vague, can you give examples?

--
Paige Miller
Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

SAS/Stat ,is this still vague?

Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

or stat procedures,...  dont know how else to describe this

NickR
Quartz | Level 8

If you are in clinical field, I would strongly recommend -

Common Statistical Methods for Clinical Research with SAS Examples by Glenn A. Walker.

This book almost covers all SAS Stat procedures applicable in clinical trials.

LouMetzger
SAS Employee

I work in the SAS Publications Division. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. Here is a list of all the Procedures in SAS/STAT.
http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/stat/indexproc.html#stat121

Here is a book on the Statistical Graphics Procedures you may want to check out. Statistical Graphics Procedures by Example: Effective Graphs Using SAS

https://support.sas.com/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?pc=63855

MohammadFayaz
Calcite | Level 5

I think these books may help you:

1. A Handbook of Statistical Analysis Using SAS , Geoff Der and Brian S. Everitt , Chapman & Hall/CRC
  2. A Step By Step Approach To Using SAS For Univariate And Multivariate Statistics , Norm O'Rourke and Larry Hatcher and Edward J. Stepanski , SAS Publishing
  3. Basic Statistics Using SAS Enterprise Guide, Geoff Der and Brian S. Everitt, SAS Publishing
  4. SAS Essentials: Mastering SAS For Research , Alan C. Elliott and Wayne A. Woodward , Wiley Published Jossey-Bass
  5. SAS Guide to Report Writing Examples , Michele M. Burlew , SAS Publishing
  6. Elementary Statistics Using SAS , Sandra D. Schlotzhauer , SAS Publishing
Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

i was particularly interested in the regressions (linear,multiple,logistic and polynomial ) but thanks for the list of suggested books

MohammadFayaz
Calcite | Level 5

In "Regression and ANOVA , An Integrated Approach Using SAS Software, Keith E. Muller and Bethel A. Fetterman , SAS Publishing":

• Linear and multiple regression - chapters 1 to 5
  • Polynomial Regression - chapter 9

In "SAS for Linear Models, Ramon C. Littell, Walter W. Stroup and Rudolf J. Freund , SAs Publishing":

• Regression - Chapter 2
  • Logistic and Probit Regression - Chapter 10

In "Categorical Data Analysis Using The SAS System, Maura E. Stokes and Charles S. Davis and Gary G. Koch , SAS Publishing":

• Logistic Regression - Chapter 8-10
  • Poisson Regreesion - chapter 12
neverstoplearning
Calcite | Level 5

How do you rate "Discovering Statistics Using SAS" for one who has SAS programming experience and want to learn about statistics.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The book is a SAS version of teh author's popular book "Discovering Statistics Using SPSS."  He admits that he doesn't know SAS, so he brought in a co-author to write the sections that involve SAS syntax.

There is not much programming. The data are analyzed with standard SAS/STAT procedures such as TTEST, GLM, and MIXED.  The book is an easy to read text book for social scientists, and is not heavy on the math (for example, I don't think there are any matrix equations.).

The author is British and there is a lot of British humor. The tone is irreverant and a lot of examples involve sex, drugs, and other topics that psychologists and social scientists study.  I thought it was funny and fun to read, but conservative readers should beware.

A typical chapter might have 15 pages of theory/explanation before the SAS code appears. Then there is a few pages that discuss how to interpret the output.  Sidebars include potential pitfalls.

If I was teaching myself elementary statistics, I think I would enjoy reading this book.  You won't get a deep understanding, but you'll get a solid foundation and an appreciation for the subject.

neverstoplearning
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks much Rick for your response. I should give it a try. Smiley Happy

BeverlyBrown
Community Manager

Dinesh, I just noticed that answered your inquiry in this forum! Hope you enjoy the title he recommends. Thank you for using SAS Online Communities!

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 in conversation