BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Karen
Calcite | Level 5
Does anyone run SAS on a Mac Pro? I need a new computer and this was a suggestion because of its high performance features. I mostly run STAT procedures on very large datasets, often tens of GBs. Or is it better to stick to a really good Windows 7 PC?
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You need only open a query on one forum.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Karen
Calcite | Level 5
Yes, sorry about that, I noticed the stat forum (which seems most appropriate) after I already posted to the other.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Yes, I have just delved into the world of SAS and I am running it on a Mac Pro with a Windows operating system using Boot Camp. I have 1000 GB of space available on this one drive which has come in handy while using both SAS and GIS software. In terms of processing speed though I believe Windows is only capable of using 4 GB of RAM, despite the fact that you can hold up to 32 GB of RAM. Regardless, I am extremely impressed with this machine- once you go MAC you never go back!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation