BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Richard
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am working on a task concerning nested procedures.

The input is as follows:

data experiment;

input lot wafer site rho;

cards;

1   1   1   4.289

run;

Then I use the following commands:

proc print;

run;

proc sort;

by lot wafer site;

run;

proc nested;

class lot wafer site;

var rho;

run;

As output, I get the 'Nested random effects analysis of variance for variable rho'.

But the output shows some dots, for example: Variance source Site: There is a dot in the column of 'random sum of squares' in 'F value' and in 'Pr>F'.

Also in variance source Error, there are only dots or zeros.

Can anyone tell me why these dots are there?? And how I can get them away? => How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The first thing that I would think of would be incomplete data, so that all degrees of freedom are used.  I would guess that there is only one observation per site within wafer within lot--hence no residual variability and no variance due to site.  What happens if you fit:

proc nested;

class lot wafer;

var rho;

run;

The residual error in this case will be due to site within wafer within lot.

Steve Denham

Richard
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Richard

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation