BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Good day my SAS friends:

This time i'm expecting for some specific help about SAS CITAtion, i know many answers would go to see the manual online here:

Bibliographic Citations for SAS

But, here is my BIG doubt, i began to use the university Edition, so when i write an scientific communication i go like this:

............... using the estatistical software SAS® software (SAS Institute. 2011).

References

1. SAS Institute Inc., SAS 9.1.3 Help and Documentation, Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc., 2002-2004.

Well, i want to know from you, SAS employees if its correct, and if necessary, send me some practical examples about usung SAS university edition, because SAS university edition is from the 2014 and the other information is not in the main bibliographic citations for SAS

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

It is quite clear is you actually read it, instead of just copy+pasting it here.

From the first link I provided, when referencing data analysis performed with SAS Software, you do the following:

Editorial Guidelines | SAS:

Referencing Data Analysis Performed with SAS® Software

Your citation for the data analysis you performed with SAS software should contain the name of the SAS software products used, the version number of the software and copyright date as well as a statement to indicate ownership of the trademarks. An example citation would be as follows (brackets "[]" indicate data that should be supplied by you):

The [output/code/data analysis] for this paper was generated using [SAS/STAT] software, Version [8] of the SAS System for [Unix]. Copyright © [year of copyright] SAS Institute Inc. SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. If you did not perform the data analysis yourself or are not familiar with the specifics of the SAS software used for the data analysis, you should be able to obtain this information from either your institution's SAS software administrator or the person who actually performed the data analysis.

Please note that this information provides the level of detail generally required by scientific journals in order to assure that the data can be replicated. If you are unable to determine exactly which products or version of SAS software was used in your data analysis, and if your publisher has no objection, then SAS would be agreeable to the use of a shorter citation such as:

The [output/code/data analysis] for this paper was generated using SAS software. Copyright, SAS Institute Inc. SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.

For the second, bibliographic citation, the first line from the second page, as I stated, guides you:

The correct bibliographic citation for this manual is as follows: SAS Institute Inc 2013. SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to ADABAS: Reference. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Editorial Guidelines | SAS

SAS Trademarks | SAS

Most documentation and other published resources from SAS contain a bibliographic reference on the copyright page, for example, first line of page two in the document here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acadbas/65468/PDF/default/acadbas.pdf

jonatan_velarde
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Fried for yous answer

But, unfortunely is the answer that i have always, for that reason i wrote an example up here
:

............... using the estatistical software SAS® software (SAS Institute. 2011).

References

1. SAS Institute Inc., SAS 9.1.3 Help and Documentation, Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc., 2002-2004.

The book you sent says:

The correct bibliographic citation for this manual is as follows:

SAS Institute Inc 2013.

SAS/ACCESS

®

9.4 Interface to ADABAS: Reference

. Cary,

NC: SAS Institute Inc.

SAS/ACCESS

®

9.4 Interface to ADABAS: Reference

Copyright © 2013, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA

All rights reserved. Produced in the United States of America.

For a hardcopy book:

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means,

electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher, SAS Institute Inc.

For a Web download or e-book:

Your use of this publication shall be governed by the terms established by the vendor at the time you acquire this

publication.

The scanning, uploading, and distribution of this book via the Internet or any other means without the permission of the publisher is illegal and

punishable by law. Please purchase only authorized electronic editions and do not participate in or encourage electronic piracy of copyrighted

materials. Your support of others' rights is appreciated.

U.S. Government Restricted Rights Notice:

Use, duplication, or disclosure of this software and related documentation by the U.S. government is

subject to the Agreement with SAS Institute and the restrictions set forth in FAR 52.227–19 Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights

(June 1987).

SAS Institute Inc.

, SAS Campus Drive

, Cary

, North Carolina

Electronic book 1,

June 2013

SAS

®

Publishing provides a complete selection of books and electronic products to help customers use SAS software to its fullest potential. For

more information about our e-books, e-learning products, CDs, and hard-copy books, visit the SAS Publishing Web site at

support.sas.com/

publishing

or call 1-800-727-3228.

SAS

®

and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other

countries. ® indicates USA registration.

Other brand and product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies

what will i use from here???

thanks

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

It is quite clear is you actually read it, instead of just copy+pasting it here.

From the first link I provided, when referencing data analysis performed with SAS Software, you do the following:

Editorial Guidelines | SAS:

Referencing Data Analysis Performed with SAS® Software

Your citation for the data analysis you performed with SAS software should contain the name of the SAS software products used, the version number of the software and copyright date as well as a statement to indicate ownership of the trademarks. An example citation would be as follows (brackets "[]" indicate data that should be supplied by you):

The [output/code/data analysis] for this paper was generated using [SAS/STAT] software, Version [8] of the SAS System for [Unix]. Copyright © [year of copyright] SAS Institute Inc. SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. If you did not perform the data analysis yourself or are not familiar with the specifics of the SAS software used for the data analysis, you should be able to obtain this information from either your institution's SAS software administrator or the person who actually performed the data analysis.

Please note that this information provides the level of detail generally required by scientific journals in order to assure that the data can be replicated. If you are unable to determine exactly which products or version of SAS software was used in your data analysis, and if your publisher has no objection, then SAS would be agreeable to the use of a shorter citation such as:

The [output/code/data analysis] for this paper was generated using SAS software. Copyright, SAS Institute Inc. SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.

For the second, bibliographic citation, the first line from the second page, as I stated, guides you:

The correct bibliographic citation for this manual is as follows: SAS Institute Inc 2013. SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to ADABAS: Reference. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.

jonatan_velarde
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks

Reeza
Super User

FYI I'm not sure your usage for a publication meets the SAS UE license. I would double check that before publication.

jonatan_velarde
Pyrite | Level 9

Sure Reeza:

For that reason, and before publish is the need to solve any questiones about it.

Thanks for clearing it

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation