Hi everyone!

My regression looks like this:

proc glm data=mydata;
absorb isin;
class year;
model tq = year
a b c /solution noint;
run;quit;

Among others, SAS gives me the Rsquare for the regression, which is really high. That is, as far as I understand it, because of the fixed effects I am using here. How could I exclude the impact of my fixed effects on the Rsquare?

I appreciate any help.

Cheers, Zak
2 REPLIES 2
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
The usual test is to see if the enhanced model (with d in the equation) performs better than the first model (with only a b c in the equation) via the extra sum of squares principle (http://www.jerrydallal.com/LHSP/extra.htm).
Zak
Calcite | Level 5 Zak
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you so much for your answer (which is the answer to my question I mistakenly posted in the other forum, I think). Anyway, that really helped me, although as far as I understand, a log likelihood ratio test is the test to utilize for the logistic regression which can be done by hand with the output provided by SAS.

Cheers, Zak

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation