BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hassan67
Calcite | Level 5

hello
I have question related to how to use mixed procedure in meta-analysis contexte.
let suppose that I have this kind of data (case-control summarized data i.e not raw data):

example: summarized data for 6 study

study_ID number_of_patient score_mean_cases std_case score_mean_control std_control
1            30                            36.2                            8.3                      35.1                 4.5
2           70                             45.2                           4.2                       39.0                  2.8
3         20 .......................................................................................ect
4       102 .......................................................................................ect
5      48 .......................................................................................ect
6       20 .......................................................................................ect

to fit fixed- or random-effect models for metaanalysis,

I find this SAS example but I dont have the effsize variable, only what I have is in the example that I mentionned i.e number of patient, mean for case, mean for control, and thier respective standard deviation.
by advance thanks

DATA elderly;
INPUT study effsize cogtest $;
CARDS;
1 1.75 Trail
2 1.94 Trail
3 1.34 MOT
4 1.30 MOT
;
PROC MIXED DATA=elderly;
CLASS study cogtest;
MODEL effsize = cogtest / P SOLUTION;
RANDOM study / SOLUTION;
REPEATED / GROUP = study;
PARMS (.08)
(0.1209) (0.07) (.048) (0.0757)
/ EQCONS=2 to 5;
RUN;

1 REPLY 1
statuser1
Fluorite | Level 6

You can check the following paper for conducting meta analysis

Ijsmi, Editor (2017-06-10). "Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis: An overview with the help of R Software". International Journal of Statistics and Medical Informatics. 3(1).

http://www.ijsmi.com/Journal/index.php/IJSMI/article/view/7

Refer the following post Running R code from SAS

https://communities.sas.com/t5/General-SAS-Programming/Run-R-code-inside-SAS-easily/td-p/210116

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation