BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Shawn08
Obsidian | Level 7

I am still new in SAS and trying to modelize my first probit model. I am using the following sequence of command in order to obtain my probit estimate:

proc logistic data=pop_final;

class SEX (REF="M") AGEGR (REF="3") NON_EE (REF="0")/PARAM=REF;

model SCIENCE = SEX AGEGR NON_EE / link=probit technique=newton;

ods output parameterestimates=prbparms;

output out=outprb prob=p xbeta=xbpr;

run;

However, I would now like to replicate the margins command in STATA (http://www.stata.com/manuals13/rmargins.pdf). It allowed me to estimate margins of responses for specified values of covariates of a previously fit model. For example, following my probit model that estimated, in particular, the effect of changing industry of employment following a layoff, I was able to use the margin command to estimate the probability of a workers being laid-off from a specific industry to change industry in his following job.

Would someone know a command in SAS that could replicate what I was able to do with STATA?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Sounds like you want to estimate so-called marginal effects which are the derivative of the event probability with respect to a predictor of interest.  See this note

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lkeyes
Obsidian | Level 7

I think you might be looking for the, "LS-Means" option??

Also, here is this  Proc GENMOD Logistic Regression . GENMOD will let you use the LS-Means statement. 

Alternatively,  Proc GLIMMIX . Even though you may not ever use the random intercepts or slopes. I tend to go with Glimmix, because the "NLOPTIONS" statement lets you be fairly flexable if the model has a difficult time converging.

I think each one of those procedures has information on the LS-means functionality.

Good luck!  

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Sounds like you want to estimate so-called marginal effects which are the derivative of the event probability with respect to a predictor of interest.  See this note

lkeyes
Obsidian | Level 7

Yeah, I totally misunderstood. What @StatDave said is where you need to be. 

Shawn08
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry for the delay in the reply, thank you for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation