BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TD21
Calcite | Level 5

DATA Summary: Blocks = 3, Treatments (Treat) per block = 3, Locations (LOC) per treatment = 2, Depths (Depth) per LOC per Treat = 3. Date collected monthly on a given date over three years.

So, basically I have repeated measurements over space and time. I am using HPMIXED and GLIMMIX combination to minimize running time and memory issues. I am thinking of averaging over LOC and Depth and do the analysis with repeated measures overtime only. However, I would appreciate it if you could share ideas on how to appropriately do the analysis. Thank you.

DATA Work.Log_WQ2013;
SET Work.WQ2013;
LOG_WQ1 = log10(WQ1+0.01);
RUN;

PROC HPMIXED DATA = Work.Log_WQ2013;
CLASS Block Treat LOC Depth Year Season Date;
MODEL WQ1 = Treat|LOC|Depth|Year|Season/DIST = Lognormal DDFM = KR2;
RANDOM INT Treat/SUBJECT = Block;

REPEATED Date/SUBJECT = Block*Treat*LOC*Depth*Year*Seas TYPE = ar(1);
TEST Treat|LOC|Depth|Year|Seas;
ODS OUTPUT CovParms = HPMEstimate;
RUN;

%LET DEPVAR = WQ1;
PROC GLIMMIX DATA = Work.Log_WQ2013 method=rmpl noprofile;
CLASS Block Treat LOC Depth Year Season Date;
MODEL WQ1 = Treat|LOC|Depth|Year|Season/DIST = Lognormal DDFM = KR2;
RANDOM INT Treat/SUBJECT = Block;

RANDOM Date/SUBJECT = Block*Treat*Well*Depth*Year*Seas TYPE = ar(1);
PARMS/PDATA=HPMEstimate  noiter;
NLOPTIONS  technique=none;
LSMEANS Treat*Year Treat*Seas Treat*Year*Seas/ILINK ADJUST = TUKEY
SLICEDIFF = (Treat Year Seas)SLICEDIFFTYPE = ALL CL;
ODS OUTPUT LSMEANS = LSMNDS_&DEPVAR COVPARMS = COVPARMS_&DEPVAR;

RUN;

2 REPLIES 2
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You will need to read more about HPMIXED. It is strictly for linear, normal, mixed models. Thus, there is no /DIST= option for a different distribution. Also, DDFM=KR or KR2 is not supported. Only residual df, or manually specified numbers. There are no easy sparse-matrix ways of doing more complex df calculations. Since you are assuming lognormal, you could model log_wq1 as the response variable in HPMIXED (and then pass the results to GLIMMIX, where you would be back to wq1 as the response). But note, you are adding 0.01 in the data step, presumably to avoid zeros. But if there are zeros, then your data cannot have a log-normal distribution (by definition).

With log-normal, there is a free scale parameter. Thus, in glimmix, your last random statment should have a residual option (after the /). Reason: with your code, you would be getting a residual nested under the repeated measure. Normally you want the residual term to account for the serial correlation. There may be other things you need to do also, but these are quick comments. By the way, based on the given information, I doubt if you would need HPMIXED, although it might help some for speed.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

What Larry said.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation