BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I may (or may not) have steered you to the correct model, but rather than using "personal communication" as justification, I recommend studying the resources I suggested to obtain an adequate understanding of the statistical model for yourself. If you don't understand it, you'll have trouble defending it if called upon to do so.

And then you'll be in a better position to design and analyze your next study!

nlpurumi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello. I have been helped by Sid before. Hello, Sid.

I may not be a good position to advise anyone in this community, but I can share good sources you can utilize to have a better understanding about mixed model and how you link the model to the SAS codes.

If you read the attached two articles, it will help you a lot when designing your mixed model.

I think the most important thing is to determine what will be your level-1 variable and what will be your level-2 variable, etc. 

If you have more than two levels, it gets very complicated though.

Once you are sure about your equation, you know what goes to fixed and random statements.

I think that is why Sid asks what is the relationship among year, rep, and trt: whether the trt 1 on the year 2015 is the same trt 1 in year 2016, etc.

Hope this helps.

nlpurumi
Obsidian | Level 7

I can only attach one article at a time. Here is the second article.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 in conversation