Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Redcap export to SAS

Occasional Contributor

Redcap export to SAS

Hello,

I am trying to do seamless export of data from a database to SAS. I am trying to follow the Redcap model of downloading three files: SAS file, Pathway mapper and CSV file. Does anyone in the community know how to go about implementing this?

Sorry, if I am asking this question in the wrong discussion community. If I am, please direct me to the right group.

Thank you!

Ken

Respected Advisor

Re: Redcap export to SAS

Ken, try posting to the SAS Procedures Forum.

Steve Denham

Trusted Advisor

Ken,

What do you mean by 'seamless'?  The RedCap instructions are pretty straightforward.

I dislike the *.SAS file that redcap creates (why does every character variable need to be 500 characters wide -- that is one lazy developer!), so I had to write follow-on code to restructure the data I wanted to keep.

Doc Muhlbaier

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Doc Muhlbaier!

I know the instructions are very straightforward. However, I was trying to create a similar process for another application not Redcap. I know I can give access to the backend (SQL Server, MySQL) using the SAS/ACCESS component. I was also looking for an alternative method other than SAS/ACCESS. This has been a very helpful community. Thanks for all your input.

Ken

Super User

SQL Server, MySQL   --> CSV file or other txt file --> SAS  ,  vice versa .

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation