Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Re: How can I specify a prior in proc fmm using the Bayes statement?

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Many thanks for the answer.

But is there a way to force SAS to accept another prior than the distribution selected in the model statement? Because otherwise I couldn't use the beta distribution for a mixture of normal distributions at least with respect to the option mupriorparms.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-17-2016 11:41 AM
SAS Super FREQ

I've told you as much as I was able to gleen from the doc.  I am not a Bayesian myself, so I am not the right person to advise you about how to define a prior.  I've only used the non-Bayesian portions of PROC FMM.

If I were to guess, I would guess that FMM is limited to the models and priors that are defined in the doc.  The BAYES statement is not a replacement for the power of PROC MCMC for doing nonstandard, general, Bayesian analyses.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-17-2016 11:41 AM
SAS Super FREQ

I've told you as much as I was able to gleen from the doc.  I am not a Bayesian myself, so I am not the right person to advise you about how to define a prior.  I've only used the non-Bayesian portions of PROC FMM.

If I were to guess, I would guess that FMM is limited to the models and priors that are defined in the doc.  The BAYES statement is not a replacement for the power of PROC MCMC for doing nonstandard, general, Bayesian analyses.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation