BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DaLack
Calcite | Level 5
Many thanks for the answer.

But is there a way to force SAS to accept another prior than the distribution selected in the model statement? Because otherwise I couldn't use the beta distribution for a mixture of normal distributions at least with respect to the option mupriorparms.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I've told you as much as I was able to gleen from the doc.  I am not a Bayesian myself, so I am not the right person to advise you about how to define a prior.  I've only used the non-Bayesian portions of PROC FMM.

If I were to guess, I would guess that FMM is limited to the models and priors that are defined in the doc.  The BAYES statement is not a replacement for the power of PROC MCMC for doing nonstandard, general, Bayesian analyses.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I've told you as much as I was able to gleen from the doc.  I am not a Bayesian myself, so I am not the right person to advise you about how to define a prior.  I've only used the non-Bayesian portions of PROC FMM.

If I were to guess, I would guess that FMM is limited to the models and priors that are defined in the doc.  The BAYES statement is not a replacement for the power of PROC MCMC for doing nonstandard, general, Bayesian analyses.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation