BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Perhaps an administrator such as @LainieH could move this question to the SAS Statistical Procedures community where there is a better chance for a response.

4 REPLIES 4
MAuluck
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am running GLM on my data with subsamples. I'm using the following code.

proc GLM data=DO_data order=data;

class block distance core;

model do = block distance core(block*distance);

output out=check p=pred r=resi;

test h=distance e=core(block*distance);

Because I am including subsamples, my F value for distance is supposed to be MST/MSE which is MS(distance)/MS(core(block*distance)). I've specified that in the code however my results are still showing F value that uses MSSE which is error from the subsamples. I could not find any mistake with the code unless someone could point out where I went wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

LainieH
Community Manager

Thank you, Rick!

@MAuluck, I moved this post to the SAS Statistical Procedures community for better visibility.

I accidentally moved Rick's reply first (first time moving a post in the new system).

Hope you can find an answer here.

Lainie

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

You will see thet TEST statement output in a different section of the output below the default ANOVA table.  

I think PROC MIXED can do all this for you "automatically" given you specify the correct random and possibly repeated statement options.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I have to agree with @data_null__ here.  This design looks like a repeated measures design (split-plot most likely), and PROC GLM does not correctly calculate tests or standard errors for those.

If you could present more about the design and the subsampling, I think a PROC MIXED approach could easily be applied.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation