BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jthomas2
Fluorite | Level 6

I am a statistician.  I have run simulations to estimate power.  I think it is the extension to mutivariate that is confusing me, I don't have any experience of this.  As for application, I am using adjust=simulate in an analaysis and I'd like to understand it better.   Thanks for trying to help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you have access to Westfall et al, Multiple Comparisons and Multiple Tests, this is explained in detail. In the first edition (1999):

1. On p. 70-76 for the unbalanced ANOVA case.
  2. On p. 86-98 for the general linear model and ANCOVA

It is explained in detail, has multiple examples, and uses equations that would be difficult for me to type in this forum. Therefore I recommend that you consult that reference.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you have access to Westfall et al, Multiple Comparisons and Multiple Tests, this is explained in detail. In the first edition (1999):

1. On p. 70-76 for the unbalanced ANOVA case.
  2. On p. 86-98 for the general linear model and ANCOVA

It is explained in detail, has multiple examples, and uses equations that would be difficult for me to type in this forum. Therefore I recommend that you consult that reference.

Jthomas2
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks again, I'll consult the book.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation