BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear all,

Pl let me the procedure to do the randomized block design in two replicates.

Thanks,
SSN
4 REPLIES 4
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
Do you want to create such a design or analyze such a design? Can you give us more details?
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I want to analyze the design.

My data is like

Treatment has 8 categories, Blocks has 4 categories and two Replications.

Pl let me know my code is correct or not.

proc glm data=temp;
class Rep treat block;
model resp = treat block Rep ;
run;
quit;

Many Thnaks,
SSN
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
Seems to me that replicates are nested within treatment and block. If that's not correct, then please correct me.

If that is the case, then you want to change the model statement to indicate that fact.

model resp=treat block treat*block;

You most likely also want to test treatment against the treat*block term, not against the residual error (replicate error) which is the default. The treat*block term is the experimental error.

test h=treat e=treat*block;

Or you could do the whole thing in PROC MIXED.
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
Seems to me that replicates are nested within treatment and block. If that's not correct, then please correct me.

If that is the case, then you want to change the model statement to indicate that fact.

model resp=treat block treat*block;

You most likely also want to test treatment against the treat*block term, not against the residual error (replicate error) which is the default. The treat*block term is the experimental error.

test h=treat e=treat*block;

Or you could do the whole thing in PROC MIXED.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation