BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DIYSAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All!

Need help with an assignment.

The Task:  establish a randomization scheme for a randomized Phase II study of Treatments Y vs. Z in advanced prostate cancer patients. The study will be done in two stages. Fifteen patients per treatment will be assigned in Stage 1 and 15 per group in Stage 2. Produce a randomization list for them indicating how the total of 60 patients will be randomized to one of the two arms (15 to each arm for Stage 1, and 15 to each arm in Stage 2). The list should sorted by Stage, numbered from 1 to 30 within each stage, and show the corresponding treatment assignment Y or Z.

Here's How far I've gotten (see below)  Not sure if I should use proc plan or how to split each drug group into the 2 treatment arms OR if I should have spilt the group of 60 into 4 groups to begin with. Very confused at this point, pls help

data a;
do i =1 to 60;
number= ranuni(5);
output;
end;
run;
proc rank data=a out= b;
var number;
ranks numrank;
run;
data c;
set b;
if (numrank <=30) then group = 'Drug X';
else group = 'Drug Y';
run;
proc freq data=c;
tables group;
run;

2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

You could use surveyselect with groups=4.

PG
DIYSAS
Calcite | Level 5

thanks! I'll try that

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation