BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
light
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Community Members,

This question has to do not only with SAS but also with hypothesis testing.  If I have a randomly generated frequency table, how can I test that the numbers ( that correspond to frequencies) in that table are in fact random? How can I use SAS to help?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Ksharp
Super User
Since it is about Hypothesis, you should post it at Statistical Forum (another position at this site). Maybe you could use PROC FREQ + Chisq Test to test whether there are association between row variable and column variable. proc freq ; table a*b/chisq; run;
light
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you!
Reeza
Super User

I agree with @Ksharp 

I've moved your question to the stats forum. 

Also, chi square is the correct test to check the distribution of a frequency. 

But it partly depends on your data. Using a histogram may also be appropriate. If your simulating data look into Rick Wicklins book on simulating data in SAS. 

light
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for your help.
light
Obsidian | Level 7
I have trouble finding statistical forum though.
Thank you greatly.
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@light wrote:
I have trouble finding statistical forum though.

Dark blue button "Find a Community" --> Analytics (click plus sign) --> SAS Statistical Procedures

light
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation