BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
reb
Calcite | Level 5 reb
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,
I am using proc logistic to create and compare ROC curves for diagnostics. I get great curves and can produce the coordinates of the curve, however, the coordinate table does not tell me at whcih cut off for the test in question the coordinate occurs - so for example, i would know that the point on a curve has sensitivity of x and specificity of y, but i cannot tell at which cut off for the test x and y are acheived. Is there a way of adding the cut off to the table so i can state what suitable cut offs are for particular tests?

I am currently using the following to run the curves and comparisons:

ods graphics on;
proc logistic data=ROCPTT plots=roc(id=prob);
model WEREPIANIMALSFOUND(event='1') = NUMBEROFABPOSITIVEYSINSAMPLE10 INITIALBULKMILKODRATIO NUMBEROFABPOSITIVEYSINSAMPLE10*INITIALBULKMILKODRATIO/ outroc=roc_score nofit;
roc 'ys' NUMBEROFABPOSITIVEYSINSAMPLE10;
roc 'BMab' INITIALBULKMILKODRATIO;
roc 'ys*BMab' NUMBEROFABPOSITIVEYSINSAMPLE10*INITIALBULKMILKODRATIO;
roccontrast reference('YS') / estimate e;
run;
ods graphics off;

outroc=roc_score produces the table of coordinates but with no cut of values mentioned. SPSS will produce the same table with cut offs, but it doesnt seem able to combine the tests to produce a combined ROC curve like SAS and the stats are better in the SAS model.

Thanks in advance Message was edited by: reb
1 REPLY 1
mkm063
Fluorite | Level 6

Did you figure this out ever? If so, could you paste your solution / options that you used?

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation