BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kurofufu
Calcite | Level 5

Will R replace SAS/STAT someday? Now big internet companies such as Google, Facebook etc only look for people with R skills.

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

SAS has thrived for 35 years and is a 3 billion dollar a year company. It's not going anywhere and neither is SAS/STAT.

Regarding jobs, here are two opposing viewpoints:

Monster.com says: Job Skills That Lead to Bigger Paychecks | Monster

See also http://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/2012/08/30/why-sas-skills-are-more-in-demand-than-ever-befo...

ballardw
Super User

Different shops have often used different products to do their stats. Once ingrained it can be culturally difficult for the organization to change. Program editor choices can be just as bad.

I am glad I moved back to a SAS shop as my last job used SPSS. Every year there was an "upgrade" to the software and we usually lost at least one key step in our processes. We had even kept a license for a version that was 4 upgrades out of date because no one could figure out how to duplicate the output a client wanted using the later versions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation