BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Hi everybody,
-I want to get my sample divided into 5 quintiles based on the variable "v1".
Can you help me in this?
Cheers, Malek
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
data_null__
Jade | Level 19
proc rank data=sashelp.class out=quintiles groups=5;
 var weight;
 ranks q;
run;
proc print;
run;

What if I needed to trim for the outliers (1%) before ranking for the quintiles? 

@Paige answered: Proc Rank or Proc Univariate can inform you which data points are in the top or bottom 1%.

See more discussion about Winsorization and trimmed means in this blog post.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
data_null__
Jade | Level 19
proc rank data=sashelp.class out=quintiles groups=5;
 var weight;
 ranks q;
run;
proc print;
run;

What if I needed to trim for the outliers (1%) before ranking for the quintiles? 

@Paige answered: Proc Rank or Proc Univariate can inform you which data points are in the top or bottom 1%.

See more discussion about Winsorization and trimmed means in this blog post.

deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks this was helpful!
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
Proc Rank or Proc Univariate can inform you which data points are in the top or bottom 1%.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation