Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Quartile plot in survival

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Quartile plot in survival

Hi,

Could you help with the function or code to make the quartile plots in survival, something like the attached.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4 weeks ago
Super User

Re: Quartile plot in survival

If you work through the example in the documentation (see the link at the top for the full code) it'll probably answer all your questions. 

http://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=statcdc&cdcVersion=14.2&docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_life...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

PROC LIFETEST - use the Quarter as a STRATA and you should get a table that's pretty close by default.

@sfo wrote:

Hi,

Could you help with the function or code to make the quartile plots in survival, something like the attached.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply!!

So just for my understanding

1. I have a BW_Quartile variable that has been generated using Rank, so I use that variable in STRATA?

2. Where does the table get outputted?

Solution
4 weeks ago
Super User

If you work through the example in the documentation (see the link at the top for the full code) it'll probably answer all your questions. 

http://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=statcdc&cdcVersion=14.2&docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_life...

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks the article was very useful.

one quick question, not sure if this is a relevant thread. I am outputting the outputs to pdf, is there a way I can assign a name to the panels in the pdf like we do in proc gplot by using desc syntax?

Super User

Unfortunately I don't think so. You could probably 'fake it' by running the proc multiple times using ODS SELECT to ensure only the components you want along with ODS PROCTITLE to specify the title entries. 

This assumes you're talking about the table of contents type entries.

@sfo wrote:

Thanks the article was very useful.

one quick question, not sure if this is a relevant thread. I am outputting the outputs to pdf, is there a way I can assign a name to the panels in the pdf like we do in proc gplot by using desc syntax?

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation