BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kashir
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Friends

I have 10 qualitative and 19 quantitative traits on 106 genotypes in two replications. I am interested in correlation studies of both these traits and also would like to calculate Shannon index  (H') of both the traits. Can anyone please help me in understanding how can I go for it. I am attaching a file aslo for understanding of the traits with their units.

regards

anil

7 REPLIES 7
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You could recode each qualitative variable into a series of binary quantitative variables (that's what the CLASS statement does behind the scenes) and then use PROC ENTROPY.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

That is if they have SAS/ETS licensed.  If not, then they have a problem, and it is one I would point an alternative SAS Institute product at.  JMP is substantially ahead of any of the SAS procedures for the analysis of genetic data like this.  It's what happens when Russ Wolfinger moved over to JMP.

Steve Denham

kashir
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Steve

I have both SAS and JMP licensed versions with me. Kindly let me know how to proceed/

anil

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Kashir,

I am no expert on JMP (don't even have it on my machine), but my friend Google tells me to look through the documentation for JMP Genomics 6.0.  Online searching shows a step-by-step
guid to Basic Genetic Analysis.

Steve Denham

kashir
Calcite | Level 5

Steve

I am not interested in step by step guide to genetic analysis in JMP. I can do that in SAS also. My main problem is that I have qualitative and quantitative traits and I am interested to analyse both of  them simultaneously. If I want step by step guide that is there in JMP help section also.

anil

kashir
Calcite | Level 5

Kindly let me know the macro for using CLASS statement

anil

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You are going to have to write some code to create the binary indicators that a CLASS statement does for you.

As Steve said about JMP, you need to spend some quality time reading the manuals.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation