BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jg3
Calcite | Level 5 jg3
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and a rookie in SAS. I have this project requiring me to calculate the proportionate mortality ratios for the causes of death along with their 95% CI. How would I go about doing that in SAS?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

It's easier to provide helpful examples if you can supply some sample data.  But in general, you might look at survival analysis (PROC LIFETEST).  See an article here.  Example from doc here.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
jg3
Calcite | Level 5 jg3
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply. So what I have is about 1500 observations with individuals diganosed with developmental disorders in a csv file. With the underlying causes of death that I'm going to categorize them into different categories according to their ICD10 code. My job is to then calculate the PMR for those causes of death and their 95% confidence interval. 

Does this help?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Okay, maybe not LIFETEST since you didn't mention a time series or survival time component.  Maybe proportional odds model using PROC LOGISTIC or similar?  Check this paper to see if it fits your need.

A real statistician (that is: not me) might chime in with a more specific suggestion.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
jg3
Calcite | Level 5 jg3
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks! I forgot to mention that the dataset consist of data from 1999-2014 if that makes a difference.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation