BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yuliya
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Could you suggest a solution to a Profile analysis when the assumption of homogeneity of covariance is violated.

I have three groups with different number of observations in every group (197, 188, 167) and nine dependent variables.

When I run the test for homogeneity of covariances, I get a significant Chi-square statistic.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Yuliya

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Consider some sort of mixed modeling approach, where you can model heterogeneity of variance.

Steve Denham

Yuliya
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Steve,

thank you very much for your reply.

It was my assignment at the University, so I have just described the problems I faced while analysing the data (violation of heterogeneity of variances) and possible decisions.

However, I have not considered mixed modelling approach, just because I had no idea about that. But thank you for your suggestion, I am quite curious so I will try to apply it.

Regards,

Yuliya

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation