BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mattteale
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am going through an example where I want to model a situation where people are asked to choose between travaling by auto, plane or public transit. My covariates contain data on the individual like age as well as alternative specific variables like time taken to travel by auto, plane and public transit. I want to run a mixed model that incoporates both types of covariates. If there are j invidiauls in my dataset is it possible to fed my dataset back into the model and generate the probability of the jth person choosing between auto, plane and transit modes of transport?

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If I understand your question correctly, I think you can use the OUTPUT statement in PROC GLIMMIX and the PREDICTED keyword to get what you want. See this recent related post about visualizing fitted mixed models.  Assuming that you want to model the response as a multinomial proportion, you can specify DIST=MULT on the MODEL statement to fit a multinomial model. The Getting Started example describes a lot of the syntax, although the example is for a logistic model (two classes) instead of your three-class multinomial model.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation