BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
podarum
Quartz | Level 8

I need to model a pooling process similar to a decision tree.. where my data is first separated into products, then whether it's delinquent or not, then a score, this is my current pooling proccess, I guess you can call it a model.

My DV is $Loss.  I need to check if adding another field (utilization), does it add any significance to my current model.  My DV is $ Loss.

So to achieve this I need to run a regression model and compare the R-squared of the current model to the one where utilization is also added.  Any idea of a procedure where I can test this (proc reg didn't allow categorical IV's)?  I would like to check my current model, with all it's variables used, and then compare it to the new model where utilization is also added.  I have tried a decision tree, but not to friendly with continuous DV's.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

Proc GLM

All models convert categorical variables into a coding system via the class statement so you can always do that manually. You should be aware of the method that SAS uses, as there are different methods to create the code and I don't like SAS's default.

FAQ: What is dummy coding?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation