BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Piyumi
Calcite | Level 5

I need to find the effect of treatments on mortality rate of insects. My dependent variable is mortality rate and my independent variable is treatments. Each treatment was replicated 4 times. The exposure times of the treatments are different, but, within a treatment, the exposure times are the same. When I conducted one-way ANOVA without considering the time effect, I see treatments have a significant effect on the survival. However, the exposure time also affect the dependent variable mortality. I tried separating the effect of time using multiple logistic regression and ANOVA. However, I think the program identifies time and treatment both as a single variable. Please see the attached data sheet. Any advise on this would be much appreciated.

Death rateTreatmentTime (days)
0.3R28
0.1R28
0.1R28
0.4R28
0.7R416
0.7R416
0.7R416
0.7R416
0.9R624
0.8R624
0.8R624
0.9R624
1 REPLY 1
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Treatment and time are perfectly confounded in your experimental design. There is no way you can tell them apart. - PG

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation