Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

ProcTRAJ: OUSTAT not correct time scale in graph

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

ProcTRAJ: OUSTAT not correct time scale in graph

I'm using this syntax to study depression profiles over time, however when I try to view my findings in a graph I notice that the OS is not displaying the same time scale I entered time as a function of the different weeks (0 for 0 weeks, 0.6 for 6 weeks, 2.2 for 22 weeks and 5.0 for 5 weeks), yet the graph shows 0.0, 2.00, 4.00, 6.00 etc. What am I doing wrong?

proc traj data=tp2 out=of outstat=os outplot=op outest=oe;
var T0BDIMEAN--T3BDIMEAN;   
indep T0--T3 ;    
MODEL CNORM ;    
MIN 0;           
MAX 63;  // **BDI total score**         
NGROUPS 3;       
ORDER 1 1 1 ;    
ID ID;
RUN;
%TRAJPLOT (op, os,'Depression Trajectories', ' ', 'Depression', 'Time');

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-18-2016 11:57 AM
New Contributor

Re: ProcTRAJ: OUSTAT not correct time scale in graph

Hi,

I actually found the answer. I had originally coded my different time points as 0.00, 0.60, 2.2 and 5.00 for the number of weeks divided by 10. I recoded the values to 0.00, 6.00, 22.00 and 50,00 for the actual number of weeks and it fixed the problem. Maybe the graphic option has a harder time with decimals. I still don't know what the problem was but I found the solution. If this happens to you try recoding the time points into another format.

Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

You'll have to check the macro code. 

This isn't a SAS proc...which version are you using?

New Contributor

Rick_SAS is correct. ProcTRAJ was developped by a user but is used quite frequently. I just don't understand why the time scale is radically different.
SAS Super FREQ

For anyone who is not aware of PROC TRAJ, it is a user-supplied procedure. For documentation and download, see

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/bjones/

Solution
‎07-18-2016 11:57 AM
New Contributor

Hi,

I actually found the answer. I had originally coded my different time points as 0.00, 0.60, 2.2 and 5.00 for the number of weeks divided by 10. I recoded the values to 0.00, 6.00, 22.00 and 50,00 for the actual number of weeks and it fixed the problem. Maybe the graphic option has a harder time with decimals. I still don't know what the problem was but I found the solution. If this happens to you try recoding the time points into another format.

Thanks everyone!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation