BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
billfriend
Fluorite | Level 6

I received this warning when running a paired proc ttest:

WARNING: There are insufficient nonmissing observations to create a density plot.

There are 19 observations in both the pre and post of the variable I am observing.  

I thought maybe I just needed to include:

ods graphics off;

ods exclude all;

proc ttest;

ods output ttests=outtest;

run;

ods exclude none;  

But the output from this addition showed an empty tValue, DF of 0, and empty probt.

Am I getting this error because the sample size is too small? Or am I doing something wrong? Both variables are numeric.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Are you sure your data has 19non missing observations?

Post a PROC MEANS output of the two variables. 

And show the code and log with error. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Are you sure your data has 19non missing observations?

Post a PROC MEANS output of the two variables. 

And show the code and log with error. 

billfriend
Fluorite | Level 6

I think I realized my mistake.  What I did was output the means from a proc means statement and then used those outputs to see a difference, but that doesn't work since that's just one observation for both variables.  Sorry about that.  But is there a better way to analyze likert pre vs post data?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation