Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Proc surveyreg strata option

Contributor

Proc surveyreg strata option

Hi,

I hope this is a right locaiton to post this quesiton.  I am using PROC SURVEYREG to run a model, but I am not sure how a starata option works.  Would that be a big difference between using the option and not using the option? 

Thanks,

Momi

Grand Advisor

Re: Proc surveyreg strata option

Strata in the survey procedures relates to a sample design issue. The probabilities of selection and likely the weights may vary between different strata. If the data were not collected with a stratified sample design then you do not need a strata statement.If the sample was deisgned with strata then you need to refer to the sample design and provide the strata a probably other information related to the sample design such as a Rate or Total value or dataset the appropriate weight statement.

Contributor

Thank you for your comment.  If I use the strata option, do I need to add the value for Total? 

Thanks,

Momi

Grand Advisor

Do you need to calculate a finite population correction? If not then no.

Are you intending to use BRR or Jackknife variance estimation? Then no because those methods do not use TOTAL;

If the population in each strata is the same you could use a single value for Total equal to that population size. If not then a data set with teh strata and population total  (or sampling rate)should be used. Note that the variable names in a TOTAL or RATE data set have to match the names and values of the strata variables and any BY variables used and the value variable must be named _Total_ or _Rate_.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation