BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
julienRSM
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a project with the SAS software.

The point is to model the operational risk of a financial institution.

I am using the proc severity function to estimate the distribution of my loss data. If I rely on the many examples on the Internet, the proc severity function, used with DIST=_predefined_, should result with statistical study of each of the distribution and which one is the best. However, when I am using the function, it seems like it is only checking for the Kernel distribution while I would like it to check for every predefined distribution.

I attach you the program, log and results for you to see.

Program.PNGlog.PNGresults.PNG

I simplified the program for it to be as simple as possible on my issue.

As you can see, the histogram reveals only the kernel distribution but I would like it to compare all the predefined distributions.

Can anyone help me?

I thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MaheshJoshi
SAS Employee

Please remove the '=' sign after 'dist' and try again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
julienRSM
Calcite | Level 5

Furthermore, when I use the proc severity with the option OUTEST, the outest comes up empty...

Maybe is it because of the way my input database is formatted (I put only the variable name with ~15 observations below it for this simplified example).

Thank you in advance !

MaheshJoshi
SAS Employee

Please remove the '=' sign after 'dist' and try again.

julienRSM
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you a lot !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation