BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
robertrao
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

This is a part of the proc format ;

I want in this order when i generate the report.

VALUE BMIFMT

0-18.49="Underweight"

18.50-24.99="Normal"

25-29.99="Overweight"

30-high="Obese"

;

I am getting the following order even after I use order=formatted in the proc report

Normal

Obese

Overweight

Underweight.

Could anyone help please.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

That is the alphabetical order of the formatted values.  Did you try order=internal?

PS - What value should your format give for 18.495 ?  You should make the upper and lower limits of adjacent groups use the same value to prevent creating gaps.

ballardw
Super User

And use the < range modifier as appropriate on one end or the other.

robertrao
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Tom,

Unpectedly i deleted the answer. hope you get the credit for it anyways.

Thanks

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You probably deleted your secondary post that I replied to and so that deleted everything related to it.

You should just re-post the solution you like and mark it as correct.  Don't worry about the points, it is showing an answer that is most valuable to future users that have a similar question.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation