BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KafeelBasha
Quartz | Level 8

Hello

In logistic regression after deciling using proc rank, I ran proc freq which returned below output

decile.JPG

I am getting different frequencies in each decile, is it necessary that we should get equal number of frequencies in each decile?.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You will not necessarily get identical numbers in each bin. See the example (and cautionary tale) in the article "Binning data by quantiles? Beware of rounded data!"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Necessary for what? Use the GROUPS= option in PROC RANK if you want to have equal frecuencies in your groups

Small example

proc rank data=sashelp.cars out=carsRanked groups=10;
	var invoice;
	ranks group;
run;

proc freq data = carsRanked;
	tables group / nocum;
run;
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You will not necessarily get identical numbers in each bin. See the example (and cautionary tale) in the article "Binning data by quantiles? Beware of rounded data!"

KafeelBasha
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you very much.

Lets say I want to calculate expected defaults(Y=0), I have 8417/16880=0.499 zeros, then can I say that the expected defaults is 2044*0.499=1019.956 for the decile 4?.decile.JPG

Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation