BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasphd
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I want to test the equality of two parameters (a and b) in proc model. I write

test a=b

in the output I find  type of test=wald , the statistic and ProbChiSq

Can someone help me to interpret the results?

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

It is kind of hard to interpret something sight unseen. Try posting the results you are getting.

lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

A wald test statistic is the estimate of the parameter (or contrast) divided by the estimate of the standard error of the parameter estimate (or of the the estimated contrast). This has a standard normal or t distribution under H0, depending on the circumstances. Square this and you get a chi-squared distribution. If the test is multidimensional (say, for two contrasts simultaneously), you can also calculate this using the vector of parameter estimates and the variance-covariance matrix of the estimated contrasts.  Once again, a chi-squared distribution under H0.

sasphd
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
GMM EstiTest0Wald42.57<.0001a=b

this is the result.

Can I conclude that a is different from b?

ets_kps
SAS Employee

There is strong evidence that a is not equal to b based on what you have posted. AKA "A and B are different"

Now, I see that you are estimating these parameters with GMM so this might be some sort of complicated system.  For that reason I cannot make any comment on the usefulness or appropriateness of this test statistic as I don't have much context.

Good luck-Ken

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation