BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PaulaC
Fluorite | Level 6

I have two separate clinical trial datasets that have the same variables and sites are numbered consecutively for each clinical trial.  I have combined both clinical trials into one dataset using the set statement.  I also have a flag for each clinical trial.  I have a unique subject id that is unique across both clincial trial datasets.  I am clustering patients within sites.  The sites ids are the same in many cases across both clinical trials.  Is that a problem with proc mixed and using siteid as the clustering variable?  Does siteid need to be unique in the combined dataset eventhough the patient id is unique?  I have a feeling it is, but wanted to confirm.

I used the following code: 

proc mixed data=analysisaim1 covtest method=ML order=data;
class siteid;
model chgql=trial racecat cntrycat totcomorbid suppcare ecogb NumPt trtdur/solution ddfm=kr;
random intercept/subject=siteid;
run;

I am using SAS 9.4 TS.  Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The side IDs should be unique for the nesting you describe. Easy to handle. First, trial should be listed in the class statement (I can't imagine how trial is a continuous variable). then in the random statement, use subject=siteid(trial);

PaulaC
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your help with this. I had copied and pasted from my code but did not copy the class statement properly. Trial is a categorical variable and not a continuous variable. I do have trial in my class statement. That is a pretty easy fix. I will try that. Thank you for your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation