BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Frank_P
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, could anyone explain to me why the classification results of the ctable statement in proc logistic are different from the ones that I calculate myself based on the outputted probability? The values are very similar, but I do not know why they are not equal? I use the greater equal as should be used for the ctable. Could it be related to the rounding?
Thanks for helping. Regards, Frank
3 REPLIES 3
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
According the the User's Guide, the probabilities obtained in the output window from the ctable option are rounded to the nearest 0.02. This would likely explain the differences you find for classification. Also, there is rounding when using the outroc= option (but different rounding than for the ctable output).
LVM
Frank_P
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks, that might indeed explain the differences. I could not spot that information myself, thanks again! Regards, Frank
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
As mentioned in this usage note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/22596

the CTABLE results are based on bias-adjusted predicted probabilities not on the simple, unadjusted probabilities.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation