BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
krishmar1
Fluorite | Level 6

In case of Proc Lifereg modeling, is there a way of scoring a validation data set using the parameter estimates obtained from a training data set, something similar to Proc score?

And how do we compare the model performance between the validation and training data sets, something along the lines of gains/lift charts/tables?

Please help!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
econ_stat_modeler007
Calcite | Level 5

Proc lifereg does include the distribution (_DIST_) when it writes out coefficients, but I don't think proc score can use _DIST_ to create estimated values from coefficients from LIFEREG.

Looking at statistics references it is not easy to figure out how to simulate models created with PROC LIFEREG. That suggests it may be simpler to use something else. I tried to simulate an example from a SAS website (SAS/STAT(R) 13.2 User's Guide) in Excel using information about the Weibull distribution to verify that I could match predicted and actuals from their example, but I could not do so.

Note to SAS Support: This person is right. This is someting not in SAS that is needed for PROC LIFEREG to be useful.

THIS IS SOMETHING MISSING FROM SAS WITHOUT A FIX DOCUMENTED BY SAS!!!!!!!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation