BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
owiseilayyan
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I want to run a regression model using proc glm. I have missing valuse on both dependent and independent variables. The defult in SAS is listwise deletion but I want to do pairwise deletion. Howver, I couldnt find a statement to do pairwise deletion. 

Could anyone help me in that?

Thank you,

Owis

3 REPLIES 3
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

GLM does not delete any observations for which the Dependent Variables (DBV) is missing. It deletes any observation for which one or more Indep Variables (IVs) are missing. Thus "pairwise deletion" doesn't make sense in the general setting.

What models are you trying to fit? A single model that has one IV? A series of models?  Give us sample PROC GLM statements.

owiseilayyan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

Thank you for your reply, 

Here is my proc glm:

proc glm data= CRCT_DATAI;
class gender (ref = 'Woman') cGPA (ref = '3.3-3.7') Lev_educ (ref = "Bachelor's degree") Geo_setting (ref = 'Urban') Focuscare (ref = "General musculoskeletal care (spine and extremities)") style (ref = 'Pragmat');
model KABQ_Knowledge = age gender cGPA Lev_educ Geo_setting Focuscare style/ solution ss3 ;
run;

The output says: 

Number of observation read: 127

Number of Observation used: 49

However, when I used simple regression, almost all data was used!

Thank you,

Owis

Reeza
Super User

What's a simple regression? 

Why do you have so many missing, it's almost 2/3 of your data? 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation