BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
smithn
Calcite | Level 5

I'm analyzing roughly 300 subjects with 36 clusters. Both my explanatory and dependent variable are continuously distributed. I'm using proc genmod to adjust for the repeated measurements within the clusters. In my baseline model of this association, I see that the algorithm converged but also a note/warning about convergence. I get parameter estimate and they are within my expectation so there doesn't seem to be anything unbelievably wrong with the results, but the warning still concerns me. 

proc genmod data=data;
  class   cluster;
  model outcome = average_score / dist=normal link=identity;
  repeated subject=cluster / type=cs;
run;

NOTE: Algorithm converged.
NOTE: No convergence of GEE parameter estimates after 50 iterations.
WARNING: Iteration limit exceeded. 

After running this base model I add covariates in and have no issues with convergence or iterations. There are then two "NOTE: Algorithm converged." lines in my log. This is contrary to what I would think since I'm adding more parameters to the model to estimate. 

I also have run some sensitivity analyses using a weighted average score and that model (with and without covariates) has no convergence issues. 

Any ideas whats up with this?

1 REPLY 1
Ksharp
Super User

Make the number of iterative bigger ?

proc genmod data=sashelp.class;
  class   sex;
  model weight = height / dist=normal link=identity maxiter=100;
  repeated subject=sex / type=cs;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation