BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FranciscoB
Calcite | Level 5
Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to fit a GLM using proc genmod and my response variable is exponentially distributed. I can't seem to find how to set this up since the exponential distribution is not among the options for dist.

If it is not possible, I would like to ask then if it's possible to fix one of the parameters of a Gamma distribution so that I can fix the response variable distyribution as Gamma(1,mean).

Does anyone have any suggestion about what to do when most of the data (supposedly continuous) has value 0?

Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Dale
Pyrite | Level 9
Perhaps you want to use the LIFEREG procedure instead of PROC GENMOD. The LIFEREG procedure allows specification on the MODEL statement that the distribution is exponential.

Dale
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
The exponential distribution is obtained when the scale parameter of the gamma distribution (nu in the GENMOD documentation) is 1. So, you can fit a model to exponential data by simply adding the SCALE=1 and NOSCALE options in the MODEL statement. The NOSCALE option keeps the scale parameter fixed at the SCALE=1 setting and gives you a Lagrange multiplier test of the nu=1 restriction.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation