BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sdwhite1989
Calcite | Level 5

I have to use proc tabulate to create the report that I am attaching in the reply to this message. I don't care if it is 3 different tables I just need the code to reflect the report.

The final result does not have to be in EXCEL. I attached the excel dataset, to this message, because that it what we will always be using to create the report.  I am not certain how to pull only values from a variable that I need. A little more about the dataset. All TB "contacts" are listed by the StateCaseNo. Repeated StateCaseNo means that is the same contact for one TB case. The purpose of the report is to use the contact's datasheet, which I have attached, to make a report showing how many contacts, how many cases, how many contacts got the disease (disease status is listed in the DispositionClass_Desc variable; blanks indicate not infected), how many contact got the infection (once again, it's listed in DispositionClass_Desc), how many started treatment (I'm assuming we could tell this by looking a started treatment date variable), and how many completed treatment (i used the therapy_stop_reason variable). The "others" variable on the report are referring to kids ages 2 and under. I do not know how to get the table to format like the report I attached on my initial post. I was going to use the Therapy_Stop_Reason variable for the middle table of the report. The last table calculates rates using the same variables from the 1st table. This is the part where I have no idea what to do. The (b1/a1),% next to the numbers in the table I am not concerned about. I am really just wanting the calculation rates. Please let me know if I cleared this up a little or if it is still vague. I have copied and pasted the first few lines of the dataset below. The enitre dataset is attached. Thank you!

StateCaseNo CaseCount SPUTUM_CULTURE_RESULT SPUTUM_SMEAR_RESULT CASE_VERIFICATION SPUTUM_SMEAR_COLLECT_DATE INIT_REGIMEN_START_DATE CASE_STATUS SPUTUM_CULT_COLLECT_DATE CALC_DISEASE_SITE AGE_REPORTED CHEST_XRAY_CAVITY_EVIDENCE CHEST_XRAY_MILIARY_EVIDENCE CHEST_XRAY_RESULT CONFIRMATION_DATE COUNTRY_OF_VERIFIED_CASE COUNT_DATE COUNT_STATUS DATE_ARRIVED_IN_US DATE_REPORTED DATE_SUBMITTED DISEASE_SITE_1 FINAL_ISOLATE_COLLECT_DATE FINAL_ISOLATE_IS_SPUTUM_IND HOMELESS_IND INIT_SUSCEPT_ETHAMBUTOL INIT_SUSCEPT_ISONIAZID INIT_SUSCEPT_PYRAZINAMIDE INIT_SUSCEPT_RIFAMPIN INIT_SUSCEPT_STREPTOMYCIN OCCUPATION_RISK PATIENT_BIRTH_SEX PATIENT_BIRTH_COUNTRY PATIENT_ETHNICITY PATIENT_DOB PATIENT_ZIP PATIENT_WITHIN_CITY_LIMITS PREVIOUS_DIAGNOSIS_IND RACE_CALCULATED SMR_EXAM_TY_1 STATUS_AT_DIAGNOSIS TST_MM_INDURATION TST_RESULT PATIENT_COUNTY HIV_STATUS THERAPY_STOP_DATE THERAPY_STOP_REASON THERAPY_STOP_CAUSE_OF_DEATH THERAPY_EXTEND_GT_12_OTHER INIT_REGIMEN_ETHAMBUTOL INIT_REGIMEN_ISONIAZID INIT_REGIMEN_PYRAZINAMIDE INIT_REGIMEN_RIFABUTIN INIT_REGIMEN_RIFAMPIN INIT_REGIMEN_STREPTOMYCIN CORRECTIONAL_FACIL_RESIDENT CORRECTIONAL_FACIL_TY CT_SCAN_CAVITY_EVIDENCE CT_SCAN_RESULT CULT_TISSUE_RESULT CULT_TISSUE_RESULT_RPT_DATE CULT_TISSUE_RESULT_RPT_LAB_TY CULT_TISSUE_SITE EXCESS_ALCOHOL_USE_PAST_YEAR IGRA_RESULT NAA_RESULT NONINJECT_DRUG_USE_PAST_YEAR PATIENT_CITY PATIENT_COUNTRY PATIENT_STREET_ADDRESS_1 PATIENT_STREET_ADDRESS_2 PREGNANT PREVIOUS_DIAGNOSIS_YEAR RACE_ASIAN_ALL RACE_NAT_HI_ALL SMR_EXAM_TY_ALL SMR_PATH_CYTO_RESULT TB_SPUTUM_CULTURE_NEGATIVE_DAT US_BORN_IND Relationship_Desc NaturalBornUSCitizen ContactCity ContactCounty ContactState ContactZip ContactBirthCountry ContactRace Ethnicity ContactGender ContactCountryofOrigin ContactArrivedUS InformantCase InformantContact InformantThirdParty InformantPersonalObservation Exposure TheTime FirstExposureDate ContactBrokenDate Impression Ventilation TheSize Place RelevantTSTDate RelevantTSTResult RelevantTSTInduration RelevantIGRADate RelevantIGRAResult RelevantIGRAType RelevantIGRAValue DispositionClass_Desc DispositionClassDate
2014ARAR1400001 1 Positive Positive 1 Positive Culture 12JAN14:00:00:00 13JAN14:00:00:00 Confirmed 19JAN14:00:00:00 Pulmonary 25 No No Abnormal   17JAN14:00:00:00 Count as a TB Case . 17JAN14:00:00:00 17JAN14:00:00:00 Pulmonary 04JUN14:00:00:00 Yes No Susceptible Susceptible Susceptible Susceptible Susceptible Unemployed Male UNITED STATES Not Hispanic or Latino 28JUN88:00:00:00 71801 Y No Black or African American Alive 18 Positive Hempstead County Positive 27JAN15:00:00:00 Completed Therapy   Yes Yes Yes No Yes No No     Not Done Not Done .     No Not Done Positive Yes Hope United States 903 North Walker           Not Done 18JUN14:00:00:00 Yes Household No     AR . UNITED STATES Black Non-Hispanic Male     No No No No         Close   House Household .   . 4-Mar-14 Positive T-Spot     .
2014ARAR1400001 Positive Positive 1 Positive Culture 12JAN14:00:00:00 13JAN14:00:00:00 Confirmed 19JAN14:00:00:00 Pulmonary 25 No No Abnormal   17JAN14:00:00:00 Count as a TB

6 REPLIES 6
sdwhite1989
Calcite | Level 5

Attached is the report I am trying to create.

Reeza
Super User

Please post what you've tried. Is there a specific issue that you're having trouble with? 

Posting a request like the above comes across more like a request of do my work rather than a request for help.

sdwhite1989
Calcite | Level 5
options center ps=60 ls=120;

/**************************************************************	*/
/*File: 	AutoCode to convert Excel Data to SAS data set		*/
/*Date:		01/21/2016											*/
/*Data:		Data from C:\Users\Shaquina\	 */
*/			AutoCode.xlsx										*/
*/Create:	C:\Users\Shaquina\AutoCode.sas7bdat					*/
/****************************************************************/
;

* First: Import data using the import wizard
	1. Save file to be imported as a CSV(MS-DOS) file.
	2. In SAS, click on File, Import Data...
	3. From the drop down menu, click on Comma Separated Values (*.csv).
	4. Choose the file destination and click next.
	5. Choose library and name the new sas file and click next.
	6. Click finish.
	7. Proc print data= XX.XXX (obs=5) *This will confirm you successfully uploaded the file**;
******************************************************************************************************;

libname Danielle 'C:\Users\Shaquina\';

Title color=	black "Tuberculosis Control Program-Arkansas";
title2 color= black  "Preliminary";
title3 color = black "Aggregate Reports for Tuberculosis Program Evaluation:";
title4 color = black "Follow-up and Treatment for Contacts to Tuberculosis Cases";
title5 color = black "Reporting Area AR0000";
title6 color = black "Cohort Year: 2014";
title7 color = black "Closure Date for Follow-up: 08/15/2015";
title8 color = black "Total TB Cases Reported: 93";

run; 
footnote ' ';

*merging the data;

PROC PRINT data = Danielle.AutoCode1 (obs=5);
run; 

proc print data = Danielle.AutoCode_2 (obs=5); run; 

proc sort data=Danielle.Autocode1;
by StateCaseNo;
run;

proc sort data= Danielle.Autocode_2;
by StateCaseNo;
run; 

data Danielle.AutoCodeAll_;
merge Danielle.AutoCode1 Danielle.AutoCode_2;
by StateCaseNo;
run; 

proc print data = Danielle.AutoCodeAll (obs=5); run;
Data Danielle.NewAutoCode_1;
set Danielle.AutocodeAll;
if Sputum_Smear_Result= 'Positive' or Sputum_Smear_Result= 'Negative';
if Therapy_Stop_Reason = 'Completed Therapy';
run;

proc contents data = Danielle.NewAutoCode_1; run; 

*Part 1. Cases and Contacts;

proc tabulate data =Danielle.NewAutoCode_1 missing;
TITLE9 "Types of Cases for Investigation" ;
table 	DispositionClass_Desc="Cases For Investigation"  Therapy_Stop_Reason, 
		Sputum_Smear_Result="Sputum Smear";
Class  Sputum_Smear_Result DispositionClass_Desc Therapy_Stop_Reason;

run; 

*Reasons Treatment Not Completed; 
title '';
data Danielle.NewAutoCode_2;
set Danielle.AutoCodeAll;
if Sputum_Smear_Result='Positive' or Sputum_Smear_Result='Negative';
run;
proc tabulate data = Danielle.NewAutoCode_2;

table Therapy_Stop_Reason='Reason Treatment Not Completed:', Sputum_Smear_Result='Sputum Smear';	
Class Sputum_Smear_Result Therapy_Stop_Reason;
run; 

Footnote ' Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 3 hours per manual by data clerks; 30 minutes per hour
manual response by program managers; 30 minutes per electronic response by data clers and program managers, including the time for reviewing instructions,
searching existing data sources, gathering and maintaining the data needed, and completing and reviewing the collection of information. An agency may
not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control 
number. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this
burden to CDC/ASTDR Information Collection Review Office, 1600 Clfton Road, MS-D-24 Atlanta, GA 30333, ATTN: PRA(0920-0457). Do not send the completed form to this address.';
run;

I forgot to put the code I already have. I have attached it above. My code is printing out the first two tables (the best I could get it to mimic the report). The last table is computing variables that I do not know how to do. 

If my question seems too vague...I am mostly concerned with how to compute the variables in the third table printed on the ARPE report. 

sdwhite1989
Calcite | Level 5
I forgot to post the code I already, sorry. My question is more about how to compute the variables in third table listed on the ARPE report I have to create.
sdwhite1989
Calcite | Level 5
options center ps=60 ls=120;

/**************************************************************	*/
/*File: 	AutoCode to convert Excel Data to SAS data set		*/
/*Date:		01/21/2016											*/
/*Data:		Data from C:\Users\Shaquina\	 */
*/			AutoCode.xlsx										*/
*/Create:	C:\Users\Shaquina\AutoCode.sas7bdat					*/
/****************************************************************/
;

* First: Import data using the import wizard
	1. Save file to be imported as a CSV(MS-DOS) file.
	2. In SAS, click on File, Import Data...
	3. From the drop down menu, click on Comma Separated Values (*.csv).
	4. Choose the file destination and click next.
	5. Choose library and name the new sas file and click next.
	6. Click finish.
	7. Proc print data= XX.XXX (obs=5) *This will confirm you successfully uploaded the file**;
******************************************************************************************************;

libname Danielle 'C:\Users\Shaquina\';

Title color=	black "Tuberculosis Control Program-Arkansas";
title2 color= black  "Preliminary";
title3 color = black "Aggregate Reports for Tuberculosis Program Evaluation:";
title4 color = black "Follow-up and Treatment for Contacts to Tuberculosis Cases";
title5 color = black "Reporting Area AR0000";
title6 color = black "Cohort Year: 2014";
title7 color = black "Closure Date for Follow-up: 08/15/2015";
title8 color = black "Total TB Cases Reported: 93";

run; 
footnote ' ';

*merging the data;

PROC PRINT data = Danielle.AutoCode1 (obs=5);
run; 

proc print data = Danielle.AutoCode_2 (obs=5); run; 

proc sort data=Danielle.Autocode1;
by StateCaseNo;
run;

proc sort data= Danielle.Autocode_2;
by StateCaseNo;
run; 

data Danielle.AutoCodeAll_;
merge Danielle.AutoCode1 Danielle.AutoCode_2;
by StateCaseNo;
run; 

proc print data = Danielle.AutoCodeAll (obs=5); run;
Data Danielle.NewAutoCode_1;
set Danielle.AutocodeAll;
if Sputum_Smear_Result= 'Positive' or Sputum_Smear_Result= 'Negative';
if Therapy_Stop_Reason = 'Completed Therapy';
run;

proc contents data = Danielle.NewAutoCode_1; run; 

*Part 1. Cases and Contacts;

proc tabulate data =Danielle.NewAutoCode_1 missing;
TITLE9 "Types of Cases for Investigation" ;
table 	DispositionClass_Desc="Cases For Investigation"  Therapy_Stop_Reason, 
		Sputum_Smear_Result="Sputum Smear";
Class  Sputum_Smear_Result DispositionClass_Desc Therapy_Stop_Reason;

run; 

*Reasons Treatment Not Completed; 
title '';
data Danielle.NewAutoCode_2;
set Danielle.AutoCodeAll;
if Sputum_Smear_Result='Positive' or Sputum_Smear_Result='Negative';
run;
proc tabulate data = Danielle.NewAutoCode_2;

table Therapy_Stop_Reason='Reason Treatment Not Completed:', Sputum_Smear_Result='Sputum Smear';	
Class Sputum_Smear_Result Therapy_Stop_Reason;
run; 

Footnote ' Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 3 hours per manual by data clerks; 30 minutes per hour
manual response by program managers; 30 minutes per electronic response by data clers and program managers, including the time for reviewing instructions,
searching existing data sources, gathering and maintaining the data needed, and completing and reviewing the collection of information. An agency may
not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control 
number. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this
burden to CDC/ASTDR Information Collection Review Office, 1600 Clfton Road, MS-D-24 Atlanta, GA 30333, ATTN: PRA(0920-0457). Do not send the completed form to this address.';
run;

Code I already have.

ballardw
Super User

We don't have the definitions of what the numerator or denominator might be for those rates or which variables might go into those.

I think what you may be looking for is after you read in the data to add some variables that are coded as 0, 1 or missing for each record in your data.

Dummy code of a possibly code example:

Select (THERAPY_STOP_REASON);

when ("Completed Therapy") Completion = 1;

when ("Other","Uncooperative or Refused") Completion = 0; /* assumes other means not completed*/

when ("Died"," ")  Completion = .; /* assuming death should not be included in the rate at all*/

otherwise ; /*may want to put a message about unexpected value here*/

end;

In Proc tabulate Completion would be a VAR variable. Ask for the mean and format as a percent. The No contacts rate should use a -1 instead of 1.

var Completion;

table Completion="Completion Rate" *mean=""*format=percent6.0 ,

Sputum_Smear_Result='Sputum Smear';

With multiple of these index variables if you want the same statistic and format then put them in ( )

table

(Evaluation="Evaluation Rate" Disease="Disease Rate" Latent="Latent Infection Rate" Treatment="Treatment rate" Completion="Completion Rate"    ) *mean=""*format=percent6.0 ,

Or add the label in a data set or label statement in proc tabulate to clean up the code.

I can't tell quickly from the example data how the number of contacts per case would be derived. For a single call to Tabulate you would want to have a variable in the data that has the count per contact appear ONCE for whatever a "Case" may be in this context.

You would want a mean but use Format=F5.1 or similar

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation