BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vandykeu
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am attempting to run a power analysis on a binary data set, and all of the literature I've read suggests I should start this with a logistic statement, such as:

Proc power;

logistic

...followed by the variable specifications.

However, SAS 9.3 does not seem to recognize the logistic statement, and leaves it in red text.  By contrast, I can enter many of the other potential statements, such as onesamplemeans, onecorr, twosamplemeans, etc. and it seems to work- note that a semicolon does not need to follow the statement in this syntax.  Does the logistic statement no longer work in PROC POWER in SAS 9.3?  Is there another way to attempt a logistic power analysis?

Thanks,

James

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It should work. I've encountered some instances where the color-coder uses the wrong color. That does not mean that the syntax is not supported, it just indicates that the color coding is wrong. Try it on a simple example.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation