BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
agoerke
Calcite | Level 5

Using proc mixed to analyze price prediction data and seeking some assistance in the repeated clause.

given that

repeated id=

specifies the defining variable of the (in my case CS) matrices

we are interested in the effect of thr group statement... it is our understanding that in a situation where the group statement defines a between subject variable such as

group = gender

both male and female subjects would now be allotted their own R

the issue is that we are also interested in group on a within subject effect (lets say trials) and are looking to evaluate matrices within the subject matrix

As all of a single respondent's answers are related wedo not want 0's assumed in the off diagonals within the ID matrix

My co-authors and I are considering something of the following

group = subjectid*trials

OR

group = trials(subjectid)

Anyone out there familiar with this problem/aware of a solution?

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

You are definitely on the right track.  The last two group= statements are equivalent, when it comes to constructing the R matrix.  It will be block diagonal, with each block being a CS submatrix referring to the subject-trial combination.  I am curious about the full design--it may be that a doubly repeated measures using type=UN@CS might be an approach to consider.  However, the best specification is all dependent on the design.  More info would probably clear this up pretty quickly.

Steve Denham

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Overnight I thought of something.  Does the variable trials index repeated observations?  If so, then perhaps it is as simple as changing the type= from CS to CSH.  Still, more information on the design would make this much easier.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation