BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
datalligence
Fluorite | Level 6
I am using proc Mixed for forecasting sales of more than 100 stores. Is there any way to forecast sales for the next 1 year, using the SAME model that I have used on the training/validation/modeling dataset?

It seems the only way to do this is to code the equation manually (for each store) using a DATA step. Does anyone know of a simpler or faster way to do this?

Regards,
Datalligence
1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19
You can get these estimates in a couple ways. What might be the most efficient is to include "dummy" data for the next year for each store in the input data set, with the response variable set to . Then, use the OUTP= option on the MODEL statement to generate a dataset that will have the predicted values for all observations, including those not used in fitting the model (i.e., those with the response variable set to missing for the next year).

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation