BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Elly
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am using Proc MCMC procedure to analyze multilevel growth model.

How can I model different level-1 error structures like first order autoregressive model (AR(1)) or ARMA(1) etc.

Is it possible to model these different error structure using Proc MCMC?

I know that I can model different error structure by using different procedure like Proc Mixed but I need to know how I can do it in Proc MCMC procedure.

If anyone know about the information even it is possible or not, please let me know.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Same "answer" I gave in the SAS Procedures community, but I copied it here as well:

You can probably get there with some programming steps to model the covariance structure, but I don't think it will be easy.  Using the mvn distribution in the RANDOM statement looks to me like the equivalent of an unstructured matrix in PROC MIXED, but programming to set parameters in the covariance matrix sigma to fit the specified error structure would be needed, and I think will take a lot of trial and error.  Google doesn't seem to have much in the way of help.  Perhaps there is an R package (probably nmle) that has the coding that could be adapted.

Good luck on this one.  If you find a good answer, I really, really, really want to know, as I have over thirty studies where this could be applied.

Steve Denham

fnchen
SAS Employee

no, you cannot do it in 9.3, but the RANDOM statement will support AR(1) type in the next release.

Fang Chen

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation