BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Eugene010101
Calcite | Level 5

I gather there is no such ODS Table.  So does anyone know how the Confidence Intervals are calculated for the Quartiles when expressed in time?  We are trying to replicated the ODS Table for Quartiles and expand it for additional timepoints (10%, 20%, etc.).

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Tables that might get what you want are ODS LifetableEstimates/ProductLimitEstimates, or the OUTSURV= dataset depending on the method used. I think those estimates should have the CI around them, if not the definition is in the manual, under details>computation formulas, but it depends on the method specified.

The data in the quartiles table will correspond to one of those tables as well, though the exact one escapes me at the moment.

Vince28_Statcan
Quartz | Level 8

Could you provide a sample data and program to tinker with?

In theory, you can modify the template for stat.lifetest.quartiles table to achieve the 10%, 20% etc setup directly with the existing template rather than rebuilding from scratch using the same method to calculate your intervals manually.

I'm not yet familiar enough with proc template and I am still waiting for the proc template book to arrive back at the library at work so I can't be of much further help but if you can provide a working small set of data (it can be one of sashelp datasets) with a basic proc lifetest, I would gladly try to tinker around and provide you with findings.

*at least that's what I understood from proc template

Vincent

Reeza
Super User

I don't think you can just change the template here as if there are values that are missing, eg. the curve never actually hits 25% it uses the next largest value, so the data has to be prepared first I would guess.

EDIT: You'd be changing the source data is what I mean to say, and I suppose its possible, but seems way more work than necessary.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation