Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Proc HpLogistic no Partition Statement

New Contributor

Proc HpLogistic no Partition Statement

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am trying to build a Logistic Regression model using the typical Train-Validate-Test approach for effect selection. In the documentation, proc HpLogistic is supposed to have a Partition statement allowing you to separate your data into three sets, and you can then use Choose=Validate in the Selection statement to choose effects based on the validation error. However, in my version of SAS, I cannot implement the Partition statement--it isn't recognized at all.

I am using SAS 9.4, Enterprise Guide 7.1. It has HpLogistic, but without the Partition option.

Any help on why I cannot use this, and/or how to achieve the same result perhaps using a different SAS procedure, would be greatly appreciated.

Grand Advisor

Re: Proc HpLogistic no Partition Statement

Do you get an error? If so post you log.

Also, what is your exact sas version, there are 3 9.4 releases to daye.
New Contributor

SAS doesn't recognize the command "Partition"--instead of turning blue, the text "Partition" remains red. If I try to run the code, I get the error: "Error 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order."

The version of SAS I am using is 9.4_M1.

Grand Advisor

The editor doesn't always highlight correctly.

Post your code and log. If you made a mistake in your code that would also happen. 

We can't help with the information you've provided.

New Contributor

Alright, please find attached my SAS code and the corresponding log.

Thanks!

Attachment
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation