BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I've trouble interpreting the GLIMMIX and MIXED output. May I request to shed some lights with the documents (or some useful hints) which could be understandable easily. Although I read the documents available in support.sas I still have difficulties to follow the output.

I'm naive to these procs.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

2 REPLIES 2
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

With such a broad and general question, you must get the book SAS for Mixed Models, second edition (2006) by Littell et al. You have to buy this, but it is absolutely essential! Anyone doing anything with mixed models needs to have a copy of this book.

plf515
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

A preliminary warning: These are complex models that are easy to misuse and misinterpret.  A substantial amount of study will be necessary to use these models well.

First, I'd ask if you are using multilevel models to deal with longitudinal data or clustered data.

If it's longitudinal data then I recommend two books by the "two Geerts":

Mollenberghs and Verbeke, Linear Mixed Models for Longitudinal Data - for MIXED

and

Mollenberghs and Verbeke, Models for Discrete Longitudinal Data - for GLIMMIX

I  find these considerably clearer than Littel et al (which is also a good book, but demands more math)

An even easier book is Hedeker and Gibbons Longitudinal Data Analysis but it is less specific to SAS.

If you have data that is clustered, then one good book (especially if you have educational data) is Hierarchical Linear Models by Raudenbush and Bryk; it's not SAS specific, but it will provide the background you need.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation